Monday, January 10, 2011

Using up pumpkin puree and buttermilk.

As usual, when you buy something specifically for a recipe you are left with a fair amount of something you wouldn't normally use and no idea what to do with it!? I am left with pumpkin puree and buttermilk from my pancakes yesterday. I decided to make some muffins to try and use them up. If you have read my entry on muffins near the beginning you will know that I generally cheat and buy the mixes and use half oatmeal and half bran mix. I only had bran in the cupboard so these muffins are mostly bran, with a little quinoa flour thrown in for good measure, like 3/4 cup to the 3 cups of bran mix, then I added 2 eggs, several large dollops of pumpkin puree and used the buttermilk as my liquid to gain the right consistency. Then I tossed in some raisins and there we have it! Bad news, I still have pumpkin puree and buttermilk left, good news is I now have some somewhat healthy and very robust muffins and a need to find something else to use my ingredients on. Hopefully some new inspiration comes to me soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment