Friday, January 28, 2011

Rice crackers with cucumber and tuna.



This was a great, light lunch! My wonderful, gluten free, rice crackers save the day when there is a cracker craving and I am avoiding wheat. I just peeled and sliced a cucumber and topped them with the left over tuna mayonnaise from my baked potato yesterday. 

These are a great way of making food exciting for kids too. I used to make different versions of these as a nanny, not necessarily with rice crackers. Any crackers will do. And you can top them with soft or hard cheese and a slice of vegetable like cucumber or zucchini or tomato, or a wedge of a grape tomato. I used to favour the sweeter version, where you can put peanut butter, or almond butter, or whichever butter and top it with a thin cross sectional slice of strawberry, or a smaller, whole berry like a raspberry or blueberry. The wonderful colour combinations you can do are really appealing both to young and older eaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment