Saturday, January 8, 2011

Baked Brie with Red Pepper Jelly.


I made one of my massive chicken curries on Tuesday and needless to say we have been eating it on and off all week! So it is nice to get something new on the menu in between even if it is only an appetiser/snack. We bought the brie at Costco and it was rather large so I had to cut it to fit my brie baking dish. I now have a container of brie pieces that I have to think up something to do with... The beauty of the brie baker is that it has a lid and so if you don't finish the brie (which you shouldn't as that would be a bit piggy!) then you can put it in the fridge and heat it back up another time (which I am about to do!). 

You can leave the 'skin' on but I do score it to help with the melting process and to let flavours in if you are topping it with something. I topped this one with red pepper jelly (bought from Kitchen Kuttings) and it has a bit if a kick to it actually! Just put it in a medium hot oven and take it out when it bubbles, and eat it. 


We had ours with whole wheat crackers, Triscuits, they are a bit like a shreddie.



There are so many ways you can top your brie, with diced apples, cranberries, brown sugar and butter, or with walnuts or pecans, brown sugar and whisky, the list goes on. Make your topping in a bowl and then press it onto the brie before baking and let the flavours infuse into it. Serve immediately though tread with caution as molten cheese can burn.

2 comments:

  1. Are you still able to find the Red Pepper Jelly at Costco? Our's no longer sells it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about the jelly at Costco, it was the brie that was from there. You can find that jelly in most stores, in the deli section by the cheeses.

    ReplyDelete