Monday, January 17, 2011

Smoked Salmon.

Another great buy from Costco, 500g of smoked salmon for less than $15, how can you resist?! I don't remember the last time we had any actually, but we both love it so it was a huge treat. I know the Brits eat it differently to the Canadians, but I stuck to my traditional way. 

Fresh, thinly sliced, buttered brown bread, smoked salmon, freshly squeezed lemon juice and black pepper. You cannot go wrong! It really lets the flavour of the salmon speak for itself, you get a little saltiness from the butter and the fresh lemon and pepper just enhances the fish. Heaven. We had this for lunch yesterday. I then set aside a little in the fridge and froze the other half for another time. I figure it is better to have 2 treats than to over indulge in one go?


I made a sandwich for my husband to take to work with rest of the salmon in the fridge. Same brown bread, a little mashed avocado, few drops of lemon, pepper and the salmon! I found the 1/4 avocado in the fridge left over from a salad and it was perfect portion size for going into a sandwich, and those 2 things go really well together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment