Friday, January 21, 2011

Banana and custard.

Another food from my childhood, and an easy one at that. I use good old Bird's Eye Custard Powder for the custard and always follow microwave instructions because a glass dish is way easier to clean than a sticky pot! Milk catches so easily on the bottom of pots and then you are left with a mess to clean up, definitely take the cleaner, easier, faster option. Just take it out of the microwave and whisk it every so often to keep it a good consistency. I never add as much sugar as they say too, but taste it to see what you like. Then serve with sliced bananas. Oh joy!



This is a great option for kids, just make sure it has cooled down a little before giving it to them as custard can hold a lot of heat. Enjoy!

P.S. I am pretty sure you could add cocoa powder to this to make it chocolate custard, I shall maybe experiment with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment