Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tea and chocolate chip cookies/biscuits (depending where you are from).

I think it was the night of the lemon/herb chicken that I still had something left in me to make cookies! I was also sorely disappointed in a ready to use mix I had made a while ago. I froze the cookies in small bags so they wouldn't get eaten straight away, and every time I had them I knew they were not home made, I could taste the additives and preservatives or whatever it is, I could just taste it! Aaahhh! So I decided to throw together some of my own in order to see how much more hard work it was compared to using a mix, and it really adds about 5minutes to the process, tops! Go home made every time! And have room temperature butter at the ready because if you don't you have to wait a long time to make the cookies! And don't try melt it because it makes the cookies flat. 

375 degree oven.
Cream: 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar.
Beat in: 1 egg, 1/2 tsp vanilla
Sift and stir in: 1 cup + 2tbsp flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda.
Stir in: 1 cup chocolate chips.
Drop small spoonfuls onto the tray, generously spaced.
Bake 10mins. 

I greased my tray, you may not need to. Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the tray then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Let the tray cool in between batches if you have more than one to do, if you put the dough onto a hot tray they will collapse too. 




Nothing like a fresh, home made cookie. With tea. I then freeze most of the batch for treats at a later date and leave a few out to eat fresh.



No comments:

Post a Comment