Monday, January 10, 2011

Quinoa Stuffing.


I was skyping with my 'father of 3' friend from Moosonee on Sat morning and amongst other things we were chatting about quinoa. Incidentally he is going to buy the Quinoa 365 book that I have been raving about. In the meantime, he wanted to know if it had a recipe for stuffing as they were going to have a chicken for dinner and he wanted to stuff it using quinoa. Yes they do! By the end of telling him the jist of it I wanted stuffing for dinner too, but we had no bird in the house to stuff and no celery, and do you think that stopped me? No! We had chicken drumsticks roasted with 'stuffing' on the side and because I didn't have any celery I just went all creative on the stuffing to make up for it and make it that bit different that you wouldn't necessarily notice. It had cremini mushrooms in it, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and some left over ground pork that I had used in the fettuccine several days ago. The verdict was a good one. Though I will try to make it again, as it is meant to be made, and stuff it into a chicken for the real experience! It really is proving to be a versatile little food!


This is a picture of the delicious, crispy baked potato that went with our non traditional meal. I use yellow or white potatoes instead of the ones they say are meant for baking, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment