Friday, January 21, 2011

Cheese and grainy mustard potatoes.



This dish was a creation inspired by all the things that I had left over in the fridge or on the windowsill that needed using. My potatoes were starting to get little growths on them or going green in places, so I peeled and cut out all the bad stuff and got them cooking in the microwave as the oven heated up to crisp them. In the meantime I was looking for what to go in them. I still had some sour cream hanging around from last weekend and a few ends of cheeses; mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan. So I made a mixture of a few scoops of sour cream, about half a cup of mixed cheeses grated, some Worcestershire sauce and about 2tsps of grainy mustard, and salt and pepper. Once the potatoes were cooked I took the filling out and mixed it with sour cream mix and then refilled the skins and put them back into the oven to finish off. When they were hot I put them under the broiler to brown them for a faster result. The mustard and cheese were a great combination. If you are trying to be cautious with calories etc don't eat these, well, do, in moderation. Also, you could opt for fat free sour cream or yoghurt and low fat cheeses and that would help!

I ate these with a zucchini salad with feta and lemon juice and olive oil.


A lovely, light meal. You could add anything to it to make it a more substantial meal; meat, or fish, or tuna mayonnaise, or stuffed mushrooms, whatever you like really.  

No comments:

Post a Comment