Thursday, January 27, 2011

Egg, chips and peas.

Ok, I've been a little off for a few days. I know no one wants details so there it ends. I am also pretty sure my body is welcoming a break from all the rich food I have been making and all the sweet things too. I have to admit, I wrote the last couple entries under this condition and it was really hard to describe how wonderful the Stroganoff really was when my stomach churns at the thought! Same goes for the chocolate chip cookies. But if you didn't see through that and thought they were wonderful then point for me!

Last night, having had no desire for food all day, bar Cornflakes for breakfast, I decided I wanted to eat egg and chips. This is comfort food for me. And I wanted the simple foods too, potato being one of them. My husband felt sorry for me so took dinner upon himself and I admit I had to pin myself on the couch so I didn't go and interfere, especially when he tried to pour frozen peas into a pot with one hand and they went on 100s of other journeys instead or as well as! 



I loved my dinner. Simple, plain, good, food. The oven fries crisp up well and don't taste oily at all. I find the thicker cut ones are better as there is less surface area for the oil to be in in the first place, in ratio to the whole chip. Loved dunking a chip into the yolk too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment