Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Duck and green peppercorn pate.

I am on a roll with not making my food! Well, that maybe a little harsh. This was a store bought pate just from my local grocery store. I saw it on sale and decided it was worth it. I had it on hot toast the other day and it was good. 



My problem with pate is that I have a lifetime of eating my Mum's glorious chicken liver pate and nothing else compares. It is also not easy to find liver pates, and I really like that strength and depth of flavour in a pate.  We make it with sauteed chicken livers, garlic, butter, cream and sometimes some Sherry. That is another problem actually, it is very rich and full of things not good for you, so have it as a rare treat. And look for liver pates if you can find them, if you like liver. I also have a personal dislike of coarse pates, I find it very disconcerting having little rough bits in my pate, I never know what they are either. Also, I would try and buy the dearest varieties you can find, or the highest quality as some pates will be a lot worse for you than having butter and cream in them if you catch my drift! Who knows what is in it if it is all pureed up right? Do a quick glance of the ingredients or even better make it yourself and you know exactly what is in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment