Saturday, December 11, 2010

Robbie's Pancakes for breakfast with fresh fruit and cherry yoghurt.


Breakfast was yummy!

These pancakes are the best in the world, ever. They are a recipe from a dear friend Robbie. I lived with him and his wife (the original dear friend) a few years ago and we would have these on the weekends, when I left I had to have the recipe to take with me to continue the tradition. The key is that you use egg whites (that have been beaten till they make peaks) instead of another raising agent such as baking soda or powder. This makes them extremely light and fluffy. I have to be honest that I am so taken with these that I rarely appreciate any other pancake.  

You have to use real maple syrup, it would be sinful to use anything else. Being the 'food snob' that my husband calls me (which I think is actually a compliment though I am pretty sure it isn't meant to be), any other form just doesn't quite cut it! 'Maple flavoured', or any other version syrup and you aren't doing your wonderful pancakes justice. It is more expensive, but we eat pancakes so infrequently that a bottle lasts us like a year!

Today we ate our pancakes with bananas, raspberries, blueberries and cherry yoghurt. With a berry smoothie and coffee on the side! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment