Friday, December 10, 2010

Pizza and salad.

Finally we have finished all the curry! Because it is quite time consuming making it, I tend to make a large batch and then either freeze some or eat it several times. I am pleased to say it has been consumed and something new was on the menu for tonight! Take out pizza.

I actually prefer a take out pizza as I seem to have fairly average success when making them at home. We used Pizzaiolo. The toppings of choice this evening were sopressata (a kind of salami), sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese. All bold flavours that set each other off well. The sopressata had a kick to it so I probably didn't need the chilli flakes that I added to it at home! I am a fan of putting my pizza slices in a pre-heated and very hot oven on a cooling rack so that they can crisp up and cook through a bit more and get really hot again. The cooling rack ensemble allows for the heat to get all around the slice rather than it remaining soggy underneath. I lined a baking sheet with foil and put the cooling rack into it so as to catch any melt off bits and for ease of moving it in and out of the oven. Take out pizza does not mean an un-used kitchen for me - I made a huge salad to go with it; lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, zucchini, red onion (finely sliced), avocado and goat feta. I also made a dressing to go with it of lemon juice, olive oil, garic, dijon mustard, sprinkle of sugar, salt and pepper. I love this dressing as it is so light and fresh! Yum!

Already thinking about making pancakes tomorrow for breakfast, with raspberries and bananas and yoghurt! And real maple syrup of course! And coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment