Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chocolate trifle for my mother-in-law's birthday.

I made a chocolate trifle. It was a first, it was decadent and it should not be consumed in large quantities for fear of a sugar overload. The base was a fudge brownie which I drizzled a mixture of instant coffee and Amarula (which had been heated to dissolve the coffee granules) into. The next layer was a chocolate pudding (Angel delight in my English world) which I tossed a mixture of white and dark chocolate chips onto for some crunch. This was then topped with freshly whipped cream. Repeat these 3 layers and then crush a Crunchie bar and top the trifle off with the crumbs. 


This was completely in contrast to the traditional and light trifle that I normally make, with Amaretti biscuit base (laced with Sherry), fresh berries and peaches covered in a raspberry jello (jelly in the English world!), a layer of custard follows, topped with freshly whipped cream and finished with chocolate shavings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment