Sunday, December 5, 2010

Back in the comfort of my kitchen.

I was so excited to get home after a week of being away, and though it is a luxury to have to eat out every day it does get tiresome after a while and I couldn't wait to make my first dinner at home. Herb roasted chicken drumsticks, baked potato and steamed broccoli. I use a white or yellow potato instead of a baking one, they tend to crisp better. I also cut time and cook it in the microwave first, about 10mins for a large potato, then put it into a pre-heated oven and wait till it goes golden and crisp. You can also just cook it from the get go in the oven but it will take about an hour at 400. Just add a small amount of butter and some pepper and you really get to taste the potato for what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment