Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Banana bread creme brulee from my neighbour Krista.

Krista delivered us a piece of 'still warm' banana bread yesterday. It was divine! When I saw her later on that day she said that she found it a little dry and was going to make a custard to go with the rest of it - I had found it a perfect consistency but the talk of a custard had me gripped. She was generous enough to let me share in her creation and boy was I grateful. She had fashioned a creme custard and poured it over little cubes of the banana bread in small ramekins, cooled it and then 'bruleed' some sugar on top of it. Little pots of gold. What a great way to eat the same thing twice but in such different ways. Thanks Krista!

P.S. I was meant to save the other ramekin for my husband but it does looks like a little mouse has been at it.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment