Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tomato soup and cheese quesadilla.

Ok so I really am scraping the barrel for ideas here, but at the same time I am doing a fantastic job at emptying out the fridge and freezer! I scrambled together dinner tonight from a whole spectrum of things and at the end of the day it wasn't all that bad. Meals are more a means of filling tummies and using up food than productions of my desires and artistic flare right now, so be it. 

I had half a can of tomato soup, which I made in a mug, in the microwave and drank right out of the mug. I threw some garlic/parmesan croutons into it to perk it up a bit. By the way, Heinz do the best tomato soup, I was so happy to find it after years of disappointment with the Campbell's variety. And Heinz in England do the best tomato soup, so, whenever it makes it's way over here, I will be hugely happy. 



What to do with one lonely tortilla wrap and a tiny bit of cheese (mouse dinner size bit of cheese!)? Cheese quesadilla it it. I grated the cheddar to make it go further, and make it melt faster, onto half on the tortilla, and a bit of parm to perk it up! Lots of perking up going on. Then I folded it in half, buttered the outside lightly and fried it over a medium heat till the outside was nicely browned and the cheese had melted. I cut it into wedges and maybe it tasted better served in pretty triangle shapes?!


I also had a side of broccoli and carrots with tzatziki which I am diligently making my way through.



Not the kind of meal that I would particularly have a hankering for but it could have been worse and it served a purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment