Friday, March 11, 2011

Indian pickle.

We had curry for lunch today. I made it the other night, out of a jar not from scratch and it was really good. Instead of using chicken breast which they normally tell you to use, I used whole thighs which I skinned and trimmed the fat off then sealed in a pan (fried a couple minutes each side). Then I put them in a dish with the sauce and a lid on and cooked them in the oven for an hour. The meat was really tender. Just a way to change it up from how they tell you to do it. We also weren't eating it then and there either so didn't have the time factor, I just made it so it was ready for lunch today. 

Curry aside, what I really wanted to talk about was the pickle that we ate on the side. Normally I have a Patak's Mango pickle and a Lime version, both hot (lime hotter) and full of flavour. Not too long ago I found a mixed pickle which I was anxious to try because I love the pickle that you get in Indian restuarants and it is just so hard to find, or maybe I am not looking in the right places?


It is packed with all kinds of different vegetables and seems to have far more spices in it too. Just dig beneath the oil that sits on the surface for the good stuff.


I am a huge fan of the sides and condiments, and this is way up there with the ones that I highly approve of!

No comments:

Post a Comment