Monday, March 14, 2011

Ribs and rice.

This is one of my favourite meals. I love the fact that the rice is full of all the veg so it is just a 2 item meal at the end of it. I also love the fact that you can drizzle rib sauce over the rice and make it even more amazing!

Now, seeing as I am working extremely hard to empty our fridge and cupboards before we leave, ribs seemed to be one helpful dish. Into my rib sauce went several items that are now no more, and the fridge door is half empty already. Things like, soy sauce, red pepper jelly, grainy mustard, green salsa and the ends of 2 bbq sauces, one smoky one sweet. I have to say there wasn't much careful measuring here, or any to be honest, the jars/bottles needed emptying so whatever was left went in! I also used up the corn syrup in the cupboard which was great, and added the usual ketchup, vinegar, bits of spices, garlic etc. I also finished the infamous chipotles which have been appearing all over the place since I got them for Mexican night, they really added a delicious heat. 

Because I knew the ribs were going to be so bold, I decided on making a plain-er version of rice. Normally I add all kinds of condoments and spices to make it really tasty but this time it was just green beans, onions, orange pepper, sweet corn, bamboo shoots, garlic and soy sauce and pepper. And I used brown rice. Which I actually finished. Way to go! You can also get this meal ready and eat it whenever you want by quickly warming it up. 






No comments:

Post a Comment