Thursday, March 10, 2011

Odds and ends for dinner.

Yes I have been quiet for a few days, basically we have been eating left over pie and hot/sweet/smoky chicken and sliced ham in sandwiches, none of which I thought warranted an entry. It has also been very busy here with selling furniture and packing up the house, and, my husband is working afternoon/evening shift and I am always less motivated to cook dinner just for me, and there isn't too much time to make anything spectacular for lunch before he leaves either! Sad state of affairs for the kitchen and the blog really. And this 'food' entry isn't so luxuriating either I am afraid, but this is life, and must be logged as it is. 

Tonight I was going to have soup for dinner but when I looked in the fridge I found a couple of things that needed using up so the plan changed. Instead I had a baked potato with sour cream, and sides of asparagus and mushrooms and onions. Nothing special. Just simple food, cooked simply, that tasted great. 



I also had a hankering for yoghurt so I had some of that too! With home made granola that has flax seeds and toasted almonds in it. And fresh raspberries, to go with the raspberry yoghurt. I recently made a trip to Bulk Barn which is a gem of a store for buying nuts and grains etc at a cheaper price, though really, not always cheaper, just that you can buy whatever amount you want because they are in huge bins. So, I have a little tupperware filled with chopped pecans, walnuts and pumpkin seeds which I thought would be nice to add to things like cereal or salad or whatever you felt needed some crunch. I added some to my yoghurt, granola, fruit medley.



I have some mushrooms and onions and asparagus left over, which I think would go nicely in a cheese omelette for my husband tomorrow morning. I don't know why I think it would go nicely because I hate omelettes, but, I guess I can still imagine nice things to go in them!?

I did go out for lunch today, just remembered, no it wasn't that forgettable, I think it just escaped me! I guess I do have something to write about, yay for a 2nd entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment