Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dressing up ice cream.

I am sure a few of you have ice cream in the freezer. We do. Dark Velvet Chocolate ice cream to be precise, Breyer's brand. It was on sale, so we bought it, and it is amazing!

The last time there was a joint hankering for ice cream I decided to take it further than the usual scoop (or 2) and add some fruit and nuts to it. We had some bananas that were rapidly ripening beyond my liking so we each had a sliced banana topped with chocolate ice cream. I still have that tupperware of mixed nuts from Bulk Barn; pecans, walnuts and pumpkin seeds. I also have sliced almonds. I toasted these up in a frying pan over a low heat. I was more feeling just the almond love so mine was mainly sprinkled with toasted almonds with a few stragglers of the others, my husband had the lot!

It was a great way to dress up the ice cream and feel like we were eating more than just 'the bad stuff'! We had eaten 'lupper' that day (late lunch/early supper) and this was basically dinner/dessert several hours later when we got hungry again. 


I loved the intense banana flavour wrapped in rich chocolatey goodness and the crunch of toasted almonds! Yum! My other photos were really dark and too close up, this one is slightly too bright, but it is almost as if the heavens were shining down on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment