Thursday, March 3, 2011

Strawberry Quinoa Smoothie for breakfast.

So we had some strawberries to use up, I bought a bunch on sale the other day and they never last too long. I decided it was smoothie for breakfast time. I looked in my Quinoa 365 book and found quite a few recipes so I just winged it from a look at a few of them. The main part is using a tbsp of quinoa flour with 2tbsp boiling water to make a paste, which is then you thickening agent sort of. You can taste the quinoa in it, and almost feel the fine powder in it too, but I like it. 



After making the quinoa flour paste I added a large handful of strawberries, all there was left basically, a generous pouring of milk, a small, individual sized carton of vanilla yoghurt, like 1/4-1/3 cup I would guess? and blended it up. I decided it wasn't sweet enough so put a dash of maple syrup in it, not a lot, you don't want it over sweet, especially for breakfast. Like I said, you can taste the quinoa, so it helps if you like it. Great way to start the day if you ask me.




No comments:

Post a Comment