Friday, February 25, 2011

Oatmeal with blueberries and pecans.


I love oats! It is a great way to start the day as it keeps you full so long. Yesterday I felt like a warm breakfast so I made some oatmeal porridge. I use the instant packets, I know they aren't the best form of oat but they are so handy! I always get the regular variety which means they are un-sweetened and un-flavoured which is great for me as I always find the others so so sweet that I can't eat them!

To my oatmeal I added a small amount of brown sugar and a dash of maple syrup, small amounts, you don't want to overdo it if you can eat it less sweet. I topped it with fresh blueberries and chopped pecans. What a way to start the day!

Today I didn't want that warm cereal so I topped my strawberry yoghurt with berries and home made granola, still getting the good old oats in! Yum!

P.S. Oats are also good in things like crumble topping and chocolate chip cookies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment