Sunday, February 13, 2011

Granville Island Public Market.

We had the most amazing afternoon at this market, buying all kinds of vegetables and other produce for a wonderful dinner on Saturday night and for the next few days. It was raining really hard so the market wasn't as busy as it would normally have been (so I am told), which was fine by me, made for easier browsing! I was just in heaven taking in all the smells and colours and creativity and natural beauty all around me. There was a bit of everything you could imagine, of the highest quality too, and served by wonderfully friendly and knowledgeable people. My sister in law is a vegetarian and she noticed that there was so much that catered to vegetarians and vegans too!

There was an amazing chocolate place that made all kinds of fancy chocolates, I lingered here quite a while, and then revisited a second time having decided that I didn't do it justice the first time, and then I ended up buying a few chocolates after being offered a free sample. Divine!








Produce is produce right? No. Sometimes it is just another league altogether. How pretty do these look!?





This home made jelly looked like a piece of art!


There was a very friendly man making the most enormous cinnamon roll/bun who didn't mind me gawking or taking pictures!


We left laden with top quality cold cuts, pizza dough, half a vegetable garden, dips, spreads, fresh bread, sausages, cheese, ricotta stuffed jalapeno peppers, with the smell of fresh flowers lingering and bellies full of fresh pastries, croissants and decadent coffee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment