Saturday, February 5, 2011

Laurent-Perrier champagne.

This is the best champagne I have ever had! We were given this at our wedding almost a year ago by my Aunt who had come over from the UK. We decided to save it and use it for a special celebration (not that our wedding wasn't one of those but we already had a lot of Veuve Clicquot purchased for that!). Last night saw the opening of the Laurent-Perrier Brut, and I have to say, it silenced me with how pleasant it was. Pleasant is such a gentle word, but that describes it so well, easy on the palate. 


Unfortunately champagne is one of those things that doesn't sit so well with me so I drink it in very small quantities and despite my husband's efforts we didn't finish the bottle. We stuck a silver spoon in the neck of the bottle to keep the fizz (which works!) and this morning it was still bubbling. I squeezed the juice from a grapefruit and we had a version of 'Bucks Fizz' with it this morning over breakfast. It was divine. Well worth trying. I was so curious about it that I went and Googled it and was very interested reading up on it's life since 1812.



I would break my consumption 'rules' for this any day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment