Monday, February 28, 2011

Breakfast at The Old York.

We had brunch with one of my husband's high school friends and his girlfriend yesterday. It was really nice to see them here in the city and we took them to a little place near our home which does great brunch (which says a lot coming from someone who isn't a huge fan of all that!). They pay attention to detail which I love! We all had huge glasses of orange juice and then there were 2 breakfast wraps ordered, I had grilled tomatoes and eggs and my husband had French toast.


Unfortunately I am not a good critic of this dish because it falls so closely with the hot wraps that I am not a huge fan of. And the idea of egg wrapped in there with salsa doesn't make me warm and fuzzy! However, the people who do know how to appreciate this food said it was amazing! Thick bacon, omelette and chunky salsa, these folks were pleased!


They all came with these wonderful hash browns which were thinly sliced and crispy, and a fresh, green salad with a berry vinaigrette. Even a blackberry and citrus wedges for decoration!

I didn't think my meal would have been hugely visually appealing so I didn't take any pictures of it, a couple slices of grilled tomatoes and some well done eggs, with the same lovely hash browns and salad. I made tomato sandwiches with my multi grain bread and dipped my hash browns in the most amazing hot sauce ever! It was thick and so well seasoned/spiced ( a dirty yellow/brown colour), I am pretty sure it was an in-house concoction, well done indeed!

My husband had already said at home that if there was French toast he was having it! And he wasn't disappointed!


He said the apple compote tasted like apple crisp/crumble, so there must be lots of sugar in it right he asks? Yes! And lots of butter too! He was pleased and said he would order it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment