Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Egg and spinach sandwich.


I picked up a really tasty loaf of bread the other day, called Good Hearth Bread. It is full of rye, partially sprouted rye kernels, mustard seeds, flax seeds and some other stuff which makes it really, really good! This is unusual for me as I normally don't eat much bread, if any, and I am pleased I got it. My husband is a fan of brand breads, with oats and honey normally, that come pre sliced in a bag. When I asked if he would like to try something new he told me that he likes the bread he gets and that if I wanted something else I should get it. Needless to say, he has been sneaking Good Hearth Bread from time to time and really liking it! 

He also likes egg salad. And sometimes wants to make it himself too. At which point I brace myself for the huge bits of green onion that will be in it! This doesn't seem to bother him, I on the other hand wander around with my mouth on fire for the entire afternoon, glad that no one is around to talk to me! Knowledge of massive chunks of green onion aside, I did make myself a sandwich with the egg salad on my lovely bread, with some baby spinach leaves, it was heaven! I love the yellow and dark green colours on a rustic, seedy bread, could you ask for anything better for lunch on a Monday?! (Yes, maybe, if it didn't give you onion breath, but it's not like it's every day!).

No comments:

Post a Comment