Friday, May 6, 2011

Sea Garden Cafe in Prevelly, Western Australia.


This was a great little find after watching the sunset at Surfer's Point we drove literally around the corner into Prevelly and here it was. The location is perfect, you can sit outside and watch the sunset and listen to the ocean below, how good is that!? We had a lovely little wooden table with benches and a lantern with a tea light in and there are lights strung through the trees. 

The food was good. I don't want to come down hard on them and be critical because it was a nice place and the staff were good and the kitchen was obviously trying really hard to step it up a notch for such a small town. The menu is on a chalk board which the waitress brings round and props against a tree near you. Hubby had lamb cutlets with garlic mash and green beans, I had beer battered fish and chips.


The lamb was a little over done, the beans were very over done and the mash seemed to have raw garlic in it instead of roasted. However, hubby was pleased with it and I enjoyed my share of the lamb.


My meal was very good, the fish was very well done, crispy, not dripping with oil, the chips were perfectly seasoned, I didn't even ask for ketchup! I could taste the beer in the batter. It was also a nicer side salad than I was expecting too! I am not a fan of the tartare sauce over this way though, for some reason it is really sweet, I am wondering if it is made with salad cream instead of mayo? Or it is just me who is odd, who likes it really tart, with lots of lemon in it and dill!

Unfortunately they were out of ice cream so we couldn't have the affogato we were craving (ice cream with a shot of espresso over it).

The Sea Garden also serves lunch and breakfast and there was quite an extensive menu. I read some reviews and it seems that it is very popular with the locals as well as the tourists. I would definitely recommend this place, the location is half the experience and hopefully the food will please as well.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you could have had more to top off an amazing sunset at Prevelly.
    Sea Gardens bring fare to everything they do and through the year they have some great sundowner evenings with meals and music from a local artist. Very entertaining and with a great view.
    Have you tried and Affogato with Chocolate ice cream rather than vanilla? I have heard this adds another edge to it.
    Thank you for sharing your trip with us and I am sure you will have many fond memories.

    ReplyDelete