Monday, November 22, 2010

Roasted pumpkin and apple soup, blue cheese and crusty baguette.


Yummy soup for dinner! I am not a huge fan of pumpkin to be honest, but when it is roasted it is completely different, especially with some garlic and seasoning! The soup has a lovely caramelised flavour from the roasted pumpkin, and a tartness from the apples, the rosemary takes it to another level! And everything tastes good with garlic in it!

I had been thinking about blue cheese this afternoon and inevitably ended up going looking for some.  I was looking for St. Agur, but Leslieville Cheese Market didn't have any, and recommended Crozier Blue instead, devine! I did some research on it, and it is of Irish origin, and made with sheeps milk, and, like St. Agur, is a milder blue cheese of a creamy nature. People who don't like blue cheese, or think they don't like it, should definitely try these milder/creamier versions. I ate mine with a crusty baguette along with the soup. Mmmmmmm! Blue cheese also works well in salads, say leafy greens with pears and walnuts, crumbled in soups for a flavour burst, or even crumbled over a steak.

The pineapple on my windowsill is ripe, I am looking forward to cutting it up for breakfast, with granola and yoghurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment