Friday, October 21, 2011

Zesty chicken and mango salad.

I don't have a photo of this salad because I ate it for lunch at work but hopefully you can get by without one. This salad was so powerful and beautiful with brilliant colours and vibrant flavours!

I used the flesh of one nearly all the way ripe mango, so it was still a beautiful orange colour just not soft and gooey. It was fairly finely chopped into strips.To this I added a small sprinkling of finely chopped red onion (I wanted the flavour contrast but I am not a huge fan of onion breath!), a cut up grilled chicken breast that had nothing on it but salt and pepper, some cilantro and some blue cheese crumbled bits. I mixed it all together with a few mixed green leaves and dressed it with a mixture I put together of thai sweet chilli sauce (sweet, hot, garlic), rice vinegar and fresh lime juice. 

So, this salad had only 6 ingredients (if the mixed greens count as one and the dressing doesn't count), ranging from soft and sweet, to light and fragrant with pockets of heat, fresh citrus and salty blue cheese. It was an amazing combination of flavours, colours and textures. I actually made everyone taste it to see how yummy it was! And it was very filling with all that protein, veggies and fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment