Sunday, January 15, 2012

Banana and blueberry brown rice muffins!


Sometimes I find myself bored with breakfast options...and so I decided to make some muffins today, so that I can look forward to breakfast tomorrow! The recipe is as follows:

2 over ripe bananas that have then been in the freezer and are now thawed (they are a black mess to be honest but nothing else makes them quite this good!)
1 cup of blueberries (again from in the freezer)
1 egg
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup oats
3tbsp almond flour
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
3tbsp crushed walnuts or pecan.

In a large bowl I melted the butter, squeezed the 2 bananas out of their skins, dropped in an egg along with the sugar and mixed it all together. Then I added the dry ingredients and mixed it roughly. Finally I added the blueberries and walnuts and gave it another little stir. They went into the oven at 375 for 20minutes and then cooled on a cooling rack. And smelt divine! And tasted divine! And I can't wait to wake up and have breakfast tomorrow! I bought some strawberries and raspberries to go with them too, along with my yoghurt and cup of coffee. Now thats not such a terrible way to start another week is it?!!?

P.S. This recipe was adapted from a regular (regular flour) recipe and tweaked so that I could use something other than wheat (brown rice flour jumped out at me at the store) and some oats to make them breakfasty! I wanted it full of fruit and nuts so that it was an all rounded start to the day! For a first try at changing a lot of things about a recipe I am very impressed with the results and will be making these again for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment